If you're looking for the perfect gift for the bearded man in your life, look no further. We have the biggest selection of beard products in the city and one of the biggest online.
Below are listed some of the key beard care tools for a clean, healthy and well-groomed beard. All of the products we carry use natural, high-quality ingredients so you can feel confident in what you're purchasing. Sometimes it just comes down to the scent and the packaging and you know the person you're buying for better than we do.
- Beard Wash/Shampoo: As the name implies, this will help his beard clean. A beard can accumulate and take in a lot of "stuff" throughout the day so it's important to stay on top of it. There are several scent options to choose from.
- Beard Conditioner: This will help to keep your beard soft and healthy, just as a conditioner would for the hair on your head. A beard shampoo and conditioner is made specifically for your face (gentler than what you'd use on your head) and more specific to coarse beard hair. In this category, there are leave-in conditioners/creams as well as rinse out conditioners.
- Beard Oil: A beard oil will help to keep your beard healthy and soft, keep the skin underneath from getting itchy and flaky, and it will also give your beard a nice finish, making it stand out more.
- Beard Balm: A beard balm helps to keep your beard soft & healthy, but also provides some control to keep your beard well-groomed and shaped. This is often in a portable size that you keep with you in your pocket or bag to apply or reapply whenever needed.
- Beard Comb: This will keep the beard looking neat and tidy and will also allow you to ensure the product (oil, balm, or conditioner) is run thoroughly through the beard. These are also usually portable to keep with you throughout the day.
- Beard Trimmer: Keeps the beard at an even length making it very easy to keep your beard looking it's best.
- Beard Scissors: Great for snipping off those flyaway that grow fast than the rest of your beard. Also great for more precision in areas below the nose and above the lip - aka the moustache.
- Moustache Wax: Speaking of moustache, the man you're buying for may wish to give the stache a little more attention and shape depending on the length. That's where this bad boy comes into play.
If you'd like a head start, these beard sets are a great place to start your beard kit gift. If you have any questions or would like us to build you a complete kit, don't hesitate to contact us or come visit us in the store if you're in Vancouver!
PGS Beard Oil is like a “cologne for the beard”—and also a beard moisturizer to soften and tame those unruly whiskers. Their beard oils are hand-batched in Maine and made using organic hemp seed oil, organic jojoba oil, marula oil, wild crafted absolutes and essential oils, plus our signature natural preservative blend.
There are four amazing scents to choose from: Ginger, Whiskey, Tobacco, and Black Fly. Check out the video below and find the beard oils HERE.
Portland General Store Beard Oils
The beard trend has continued to grow over the past several years (pun intended) and with that, many amazing brands and products have come available.
As they say, "With Great Beard Comes Great Responsibility." I'm not sure who said that, but surely it was someone wise. A beard can change a man's look entirely and more often than not, guys will receive positive responses from pears and loved ones about their beards. That being said, a beard has to be maintained or else something that might otherwise have been a turn on for someone may not be a turn off. The beard needs to be well groomed, healthy looking, clean, and smelling fresh. Incorporated a few different products into beard maintenance is easy to do and certainly worthwhile.
Here are some great options for gift ideas for the bearded ones in your lives:
A beard oil is helps to moisturize the beard hair and the skin underneath. It also helps to give the beard a healthy shine and gives the beard a more standout/groomed look. A little goes a long way so a few drops is all you need. There are several different formulations to choose from, each with its own unique scent. To be applied in the morning after showering and as needed.
Price Range: $20 - $70 - Shop Beard Oils Here
A beard balm will help keep the beard soft and nourished and help to tame it. A beard balm usually comes in a portable container making it easy to take along and reapply through throughout the day as needed. As with the beard oils, there are several different formulations to choose from, each with its own unique scent.
Price Range: $14 - $32
A beard comb helps him to keep his beard tamed and groomed with style and allows for an even and thorough distribution of creams & oils that he may be applying to his beard. Combs come in several unique shapes and finishes, including traditional finish combs, lasercut stainless steel and wooden combs from right here in Beautiful Britch Columbia.
Price Range: $15 - $115 - Shop Beard Combs Here
A beard can collect a lot of "stuff" throughout the day, so it's important to keep it clean and healthy with something that is gentle enough for use on the face. Unique scents (or scent-free) options available.
Price Range: $18 - $28 - Shop Beard Shampoos Here
Beard conditioners and creams help to keep the beard and skin underneath soft and hydrated. A conditioner is used at the sink or in the shower and rinsed out afterwards as you would a hair shampoo. Beard cream is essentially a leave-in beard conditioner that you leave in and it will keep your beard soft and smelling fresh throughout the day. The Bluebeards Beard Saver and Bossman Beard Magic are two popular leave-in beard conditioners.
Keeping your beard trimmed and groomed can be quite a task, unless you have a handy beard trimmer. These rechargeable beard trimmers allow you to get pretty particular in terms of the length that best suits you. The one with a vacuum allows you to clean as you go and has settings from 1mm - 18 mm whereas the other other one starts at 0.5mm (stubble look) and goes to 10 mm (and does not come with a vacuum).
Price Range: $54 - Shop Beard Trimmers Here
With Movember here (supporting Prostate Cancer Awareness), we often get many questions about how to grow a moustache and how to maintain it. Here are some tips and advice so you can feel confident in your one month dash towards a stache.
1. Be patient. If you've never grown a moustache or beard, you'll soon learn that you have to be patient for it to fill in and get to the desired length. This is easier for some, harder for others. The easiest way to do this is to let your beard/scruff grow out a bit first before you shave everything but the stache. It makes it less awkward in the initial growing stages. If you feel more comfortable, perhaps get yourbarber to do the initial shave so you're setup for success.
2. Keep it clean. Having hair above your mouth and below your nose makes it easy for your stache to collect... stuff. Don't let that happen. Keep it clean with your face cleanser and/or a bit of beard wash. In addition, keep the rest of your face clean-shaven so your stache is more intentional and pronounced instead of accidental looking.
3. Get scissors. Use beard scissors to maintain the length and ensure the hairs are even. This is more important in the latter stages of your stache.
4. Use a moustache wax. This will help = to style and control your moustache. There are scented and unscented options available here.
5. Get a comb. Use a moustache/beard comb to groom your beard and keep it neat looking. This is more important for the longer stache styles. You can find some combs here.
Last but not least, own it and sport your stache proudly!
With the growing popularity of beards over the past couple years, there has also been a growth in the availability of quality beard products. One such brand is Bluebeards Original and they've just launched two new products that will help you keep your beard in "mint" condition.
Up until this point, the Bluebeards products available at Masc include a Beard Wash, an Extra Conditioning Beard Wash with Jojoba Oil, aWonder Beard Conditioner and the Beard Saver (leave-in conditioner).
We're excited to now offer a new Beard Wash and new Conditioner that both contain Fresh Mint and Peppermint Oil to keep your beard fresh, clean and soft. The products are paraben-free and and contain wheat amino acids to help condition the beard.
Shop for Bluebeards Original products here and/or learn more about the new products! Also, stay tuned for some new fragrance-free additions to the Bluebeards family... coming soon!