PGS Beard Oil is like a “cologne for the beard”—and also a beard moisturizer to soften and tame those unruly whiskers. Their beard oils are hand-batched in Maine and made using organic hemp seed oil, organic jojoba oil, marula oil, wild crafted absolutes and essential oils, plus our signature natural preservative blend. Scent options include:
- GINGER is spicy and warm, with hints of orange and vanilla. Perfect for those gorgeous ginger beards, or any beard for that matter! Also a lighter scent that wears well in warmer weather.
- TOBACCO is sweet with some floral elements. Top notes of bergamot, lavender, and neroli open to tobacco, leather, and wood. Tonka beans, with their scent reminiscent of freshly mown hay, add softness to the striking blend. Over time, the lingering scent on the beard is a soft, powdery scent with hints of the above essences.
- WHISKEY is PGS's best selling scent. Bring out that inner Brando with this elegant and charismatic fragrance, updated from a classic 1920s recipe. Power and masculinity are obvious in the deep wood and amber, and an unexpected hint of spice and floral complexity reveals itself over the hours.
- BLACK FLY is a natural, oil-based bug repellent that is perfect for keeping pests from nesting in your bearded locks, and can be dabbed on other parts of the body to be used as regular insect repellent. They updated the formula to include blue tansy, blue chamomile, lavender and cedar, giving it a woodsy, earthy, light and leathery scent. Warning: do expect your girlfriend to sneak some of it on camping trips. Benefits of the essential oils in Black Fly:
- Blue Tansy - A wonderful deep blue oil with a woodsy, earthy, slightly medicinal scent, tansy is a well-rounded repelling oil that repels horse flies, black flies, mosquitoes, and ticks.
- Citronella - A plant-based insect repellent. It has strong anti fungal properties. Because it is a natural oil, it is recommended to reapply every 30-60 minutes on the skin/beard to be most effective in repelling insects. Citronella oil is an effective repellent for mosquitoes, body louse, head louse, and stable flies.
- Black Pepper - Many pesticides and insect repellents use variants of a compound found in black pepper that repels insects, specifically mosquitoes. Chemists actually recreate this compound to put into insect repellents. Why don’t they use black pepper? The cost and the peppery scent — which we actually love and black pepper is used in some of the finest perfumes!
- Rose & Geranium - Combined, are known to be very potent, natural tick repelling oils. Rub some Black Fly on your legs when outside gardening or hiking.
- Tobacco - a bug and pest repellent, and smells darn good (to humans!).